RetroArch is a frontend program (user-centric) that allows us to emulate games from consoles like PS3 on our computer through its intuitive interface. It is also possible to play multimedia files and even run games from original discs from within the same application. RetroArch for Mac OS has advanced features for experienced users such as:
- Response times
- Automatic translation
- Accessibility for the Blind
Some of the most common features we can find in RetroArch for OS operating systems are:
- Platform compatibility: RetroArch in addition to Mac OS, is also available for Windows and Linux. As if that were not enough, it also has APK version for Android, Apple and tablets.
- Configurable and customizable to the last corner. Both the games themselves, as well as the controls, graphics…
- Achievements: we have the possibility of having the original achievements of PS3 that will allow us to continue obtaining the badges of the different challenges in each of the games.
- Joypad with automatic configuration: as soon as you connect the controllers to your computer they will be ready to use in each game, without the need to configure or adapt them…
- Simple, polished and visually appealing interface.
- Enabled for Gameplay recording and Streaming.
Download RetroArch emulator
To download RetroArch emulator for PC we will have to do the following:
- The first thing we will do is download the RetroArch program from the download link that we provide on this page.
- Download RetroArch emulator.
- Once we have clicked on the link will take us to Mega to download it.
- Once we are in Mega we will be presented with two options, “Import to Mega” or “Download”, select the second and start the download. Here it can ask us that the page wants to send us
- notifications, which is not necessary for this process, and we will be able to allow or block this action.
- As last step we open the downloaded file and it is possible that, depending on the antivirus that we have, it will ask for confirmation for the installation. To do this we click on “More information” and we will see a new option “Run anyway”, click on it and start the installation of RetroArch.
How to Install RetroArch
To install RetroArch emulator for PC we must do the following actions:
- The first step will be to run the downloaded file by double clicking on it.
- Once the installation process is finished we will open RetroArch in our computer.
- When we have it open, we will go to the quick start guide and we will download and install the console firmware in our emulator.
- Then we will be able to download the desired games through an assisted process.
- Finally, we will only have to configure the graphic and control options.
- Now we can enjoy RetroArch on our computer.
The requirements for RetroArch are minimal, we will only have to look at:
- Operating system macOS X 10.12 or higher.
RetroArch for other operating systems
The emulator, game engine and media player RetroArch is also available for many other operating systems. Here below is a list of the systems that are compatible with this program:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
- Windows ME
- Windows 98SE
- Windows 98
- Windows 95
- Raspberry Pi
- Apple TV
- Online browsers
Games and ROMs for RetroArch
To play your PS3 games on your device where you have installed RetroArch also have to download these games, also known as ROMs, which is the name given to a game format to run on an emulator. In our ROMs section you can find any game you are looking for your emulator, download and installation instructions.