Mame is a PlayStation 3 emulator for Mac OS computers. It is an emulator well known for having a high rate of satisfaction among its users. Mame is undoubtedly a good alternative when trying an emulator for our Mac. Its acronym stands for “Multi Arcade Machine Emulator”. It is an open-source software that is used to emulate games from numerous consoles, not just the PS3, but it offers great service when it comes to running any of the PlayStation 3 classics on our Apple computer.
Download Mame Emulator for Mac
To download the Mame Emulator for Mac and start enjoying the best PS3 games we will have to perform the following steps:
- Run the download from the following link:
- Download PS3 Emulator for Mac: Mame Emulator
- Once we have clicked on the link, it will take us to Mega to download it.
- Once we are in Mega we will be presented with two options, “Import to Mega” or “Download”, select the second and start the download. Here you can ask us that the page wants to send us notifications, which is not necessary for this process. We will be able to allow or block this action without affecting the download.
- We wait for the download to complete and we will see directly an executable file with which we can use the emulator.
How to Install Mame for Mac
To install Mame emulator for Mac we must do the following:
- The first step will be to find the file we just downloaded, either in our downloads folder or in the default folder we have selected.
- We open the downloaded file to run it. It is possible that at this point, depending on the antivirus that we have, it will ask for confirmation for the installation. To do so, click on “More information” and a new option “Run anyway” will appear, click on it and start the installation.
- We follow the instructions of installation of Mame, accepting the conditions of use and also accepting the permissions that it demands at the time of the installation.
- Once the installation process is finished, we will open Mame in our computer.
- Finally, we can download the games we want to play through the “ROMS” section of EmuladorPS3.com.
Mame emulator requirements for Mac
The first step when choosing our emulator is not only to get the best possible, but also the one that adapts to the characteristics of our computer, for this we must review the minimum requirements of Mame:
- Operating System: MacOS 10.14 Mojave or higher
- Processor: 64 bits (x86-64)
- Minimum memory: 2 GB RAM
Latest Mame update
All emulators, including Mame, have constant updates in which some bugs or errors are corrected, new features are implemented, or even adapted to work with new games that have been released lately. The latest available version of Mame is 0.346, which offers the best features of this emulator so far.